Oven Baked Turkey Zucchini Burgers Recipe
prep time:10 MINS cook time: 15 MINS
Turkey Zucchini Burgers Recipe – juicy, healthy, flavorful and quick to make. Low calorie and low fat, baked to perfection in the oven.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast — or ground chicken breast
- 1 zucchini — medium
- 1 egg — large
- 1 onion — small
- 2 cloves garlic — pressed
- 1 tsp salt — divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp sumac — optional
- 1 slice white bread — soaked in cold water
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate zucchini and sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt. Let them stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the water from the zucchini.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (zucchini liquid needs to be squeezed out and drained). Stir to combine. The mixture is slightly sticky, but if it appears too runny, you can add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Wet your hands and form patties, about 1/3 cup each. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake burgers util fully cooked, for 15-20 minutes. Be careful not to dry them out.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, a salad, or build a burger.